St. Albert Portable Sign Bylaws
Each city has its own rules and regulations to follow regarding the placement of signs as well as permit fees. Here is a quick summary on the Portable Sign Bylaws of the city of St. Albert.
General Sign Regulations include (but not limited to):
• No sign shall be constructed or placed in such a way that it is confused with, obstruct or detract any form of traffic control or any other municipal devices.
• No sign shall be constructed or placed in such a way that it interferes with the safe movement of pedestrians, motor vehicles or the sight lines near roadways.
• No sign shall be placed on/within a vehicle/trailer (unless it is classified as a motor vehicle sign)
• The company or person responsible for the placement of a sign must get development permit approval before placing a sign on a site.
• No sign shall contain an intermittent or flashing light source.
• No sign shall be placed on a road or median, nor placed within 30.5 meters of any intersection, nor placed within 5 meters of a fire hydrant or any emergency equipment.
|Sign Type||Permit||No Permit||Sign Specifications|
|A-Board Sign||*||0.8sq.m max sign area 1.0m max sign height|
|Banner Signs||*||if attached to the side of a building, same dimensional regulations as fascia signs are followed|
|Billboards||*||30sq.m max sign area 8.0m max sign height|
|Construction Site Identification Sign||*||5.0sq.m max sign area 3.5m max sign height|
|Development Directional Sign||*||1.5sq.m max sign area 3.0m max sign height|
|Developer Marketing Sign||*||3.0sq.m max sign area 3.0m max sign height|
|Directional Signs||*||3.0sq.m max sign area 2.5m max sign height|
|Election Signs||*||1.5sq.m max sign area 3.0m max sign height|
|Fascia Signs||*||0.5sq.m max sign area for more than 0.5sq.m sign area, a permit is required|
|Freestanding Signs||*||7.5sq.m max sign area for frontage less than 30m additional 1.2sq.m for each additional 10.0m frontage 10.0m max height|
|Neighbourhood Identification Signs||*||6.0sq.m max sign area 3.0m max height|
|Portable Signs||*||5.0sq.m max sign area 2.5m max height|
|Projecting Signs||*||0.5sq.m max sign area 2.5m min.vertical clearance|
|Promotional Advertising Signs||*||2.5sq.m max sign area|
|Real Estate Signs||*||1.5sq.m max sign area 3.0m max sign height|
|Roof Signs||*||8.0sq.m max sign area 3.0m max sign height|
The Sign Regulations for the city of St. Albert is stated under Schedule C of the Land-Use Bylaw. Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a detail copy of the Bylaw. St. Albert Portable Sign Bylaw.